Sunday 19 September 2021

A ramble through space?

 

As I ramble through the space called ‘My mind’ I am amazed at the unknowns I find in these dark caves.

To give you an example; on one occasion i was fighting to defend the world from an invasion, on one side from Americans and on the other side Russians. My heart kept telling me the Americans were right but something deep within that heart told me it was the Russians.

A dilemma if ever there was one.

This mind space I am travelling through is complex and not always rational. As I turned one corner it was full of Americans eating burgers and moms apple pie. Around the another corner were Russians drinking vodka and dancing the Hopak," or the  "gopak".

 It might surprise you but these are the same dance, where the Russian soldiers kick their legs into the air.

Imagine me telling these they should go home quietly.

Can you see the Russians handing up their vodka or the Americans surrendering their burgers, I don’t think so.

In this piece my mind is saying little, leaving it all to my heart, but believe me, my mind can talk when it wants to. I often wonder which is worse, my mind or heart talking. I just wish they would shut up and leave me alone.

Is there an author out there who could write me a new heart and while they are at it, a new mind with less lip.

My mind space is a challenge, full of riots and I often wish I could leave it at home.

My heart caught me off guard here, talking me into entering ‘my mind space’ at a time when this was going on. I would prefer to stay at home vegetating. My heart doesn’t seem to understand that I can’t change the world.

Does it really want me to walk up to the Americans or the Russians and say, look lads the others are right,

I am not the hero my mind seems to think I am, will it ever cop on and let me live a peaceful existence, alone without any heroic thoughts or dreams.


JC-Dublin-A City with space to ramble

No comments:

Post a Comment